World class square and round bale spreading solutions
- Saves straw, time and labour
- Only one loader required
- Reduce dust and health risk
- Very low maintenance and very reliable
Welcome to Spread-a-Bale
Spread-a-Bale is a simple, reliable and efficient time saving machine suited to all operations, regardless of scale and livestock species
Spreads all types of round and rectangular bales
Truly self-loading bale processor from the stack
Only one tractor or materials handler required to operate
Simple attach and detach in seconds
Minimal dust generation thanks to no chopping, resulting in potential reduced vet and med
Significantly lower straw usage,less manure, reduced costs, improved efficiency
No electrical connections required
Substantial labour saving
Fast and effortless bale spreading – one bale processed in less than 45 seconds
Very low maintenance and running costs
Only one tractor or materials handler required
Low machine depreciation and high resale value
Bale feeding has recently been added to the portfolio
Spread-a-Bale is working on beef, dairy, sheep, equine, pig and poultry units in the UK, Europe, North and South America, Asia and Oceania. The company is also active in the recycling and reprocessing sector.
Spread-a-Bale was invented, developed and patented two decades ago by former dairy farmer, Michael Hughes. Today he heads up the British based company which is now synonymous with high quality machines built in its own factory for the agricultural and recycling markets.
Spread-a-Bale machines are built for endurance with demanding applications. Reliability and durability are paramount.
The company has a global network of dealers and distributors trading in 25 countries and within five Continents. New distribution channels and networks are welcome.
Spread-a-Bale’s well trained friendly staff are able to advise all customers of the machine best suited to their operation whilst their local dealer will provide support throughout the machine’s lifetime.
Providing livestock farmers with an easy solution to one of the most laborious tasks – bedding and feeding straw, hay and haylage. Corn and rice stalks and haulm can also be spread.
Spread-a-Bale offers a unique operation that can be customised to suit your building, handler, bale size and density.
Unlike other mechanical blowers and spreaders, Spread-a-Bale’s spreading rotors gently accelerate the product, they tease the bale apart and throw it with minimum dust generation.
Saves straw: longer straw makes for a longer lasting bed, resulting in:
- Our customers commonly report
- up to 50% straw saving over manual spreading with square bales, up to 25% for round bales
- up to 25% reduced requirement over other mechanical spreading systems
- Saves time and labour: one person can spread one rectangular bale typically in 45 seconds – faster than any other available spreaders, shredders, choppers and bale processors
- Reduces dust and subsequent health risks for both farmers, operators and their livestock: minimal dust reduces the risk of pneumonic conditions and eye infections and in turn reduces antibiotic usage, together with injuries from foreign object missiles
- Improves welfare: the entire system has a much reduced carbon footprint over any other mechanised system
- Improves environment: minimises dust, significantly reduces carbon footprint
- Improves business efficiency: lowers the system’s overall costs and contributes to a competitive advantage